Thursday, April 5, 2012

Montana Triennial 2012 ~ Montana Fine Art Photography

I am really honored to have been selected by Keith Wells, curator for the Museum of Art at Washington State University, to be one of 39 artists whose work will be included in the Montana Triennial 2012 exhibit at the Missoula Art Museum, May 4 through August 26.  The show is a selection of both established and emerging artists and I must admit I'm not sure which group I fall into since as long as I've been shooting I always feel like I'm emerging with each different series that I create.

I have four images from two different series all created in 2011 in this show.  Typical of me is that neither series was something that I preconceived but images and moments that happened to me while exploring life in my new home state of Montana.  And with both series I didn't even know what I had until lots of time staring at the files on my computer upon returning home.

Below is one of the images selected but be sure to stop by the show to see all of them and the work of all the other Montana artists.  And if you are in the Missoula area please come join me for the opening reception on May 4 (check their website for exact times).


No comments: